17 April 2008

What Was That?

Yesterday I told Madison she looked cute, to which she responded, "It's not good to look cute. It's great to look hot." I think she's been watching too much tween television.

On Tuesday I asked a friend to pick the boy up from school for me. When she told him she was going to take him home, he said, "Good, because when I didn't see my mom I got pretty damned off." Damned off? Who says that?

When I was taking pictures of the kids outside Madison saw that I was attempting to get a candid shot of her. "Mooooom!" She protested, then posed.


I'm in serious trouble.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I wonder if Michael was damned off when his parents forgot and left him at Hedrick Jr. High when he was a kid.

Juliette said...

Lol, yes, you are in a lot of trouble!

Michael said...

Michael doesn't remember the Hedrick thing, but thanks, cause now I won't. I do remember being left in the Sears parking lot as you all sped away. For some reason every door on the car (Jetta?) would be unlocked by someone except mine. At the time I thought it was a mistake, now it seems like a conscious pattern.

Shell said...

Damned off? The boy's a genius. You are in trouble, though. I've heard it's the geniuses that are the hardest to raise.

Laurie said...

The thing that cracks me up about what your daughter said is that it's hilarious to think of you (or any mother) telling their young daughter, "You look so hot in that outfit!"


Heheheh...

Unknown said...

Becky-- I have a hard time imagining Michael was ever, or will ever be, damned off at anything.

Michelle-- If the smart ones are the hardest to raise, then my kids are freaking brilliant!

Laurie-- I'm with you on that one! I can not IMAGINE a time when I will ever say that to my daughter. Ever.

Marianne said...

Madison sounds a lot like Clara with the posing and the comments. And that damned off is the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Sparklebot said...

She's right. Who wants to look "cute" when "hot" is an option? As laurie points out, "hot" will never be an option for a compliment from you to Maddie.

And, in the spirit of the boy, I'm going to start mixing up all my swear words. So, prepare for some "Holy Ass" and "Shut the damn up."