03 April 2008

Knitters Anonymous

I have a problem. I really do. I have become a knitting freak. Would you like to see my two latest projects? Not really? Too bad, I'm going to show them to you anyway.

I knitted a pair of these bunny slippers for my niece whose first birthday just happened to be on easter. They were so cute and easy to make I decided to make another pair to sell at my etsy store. Wish me luck. I am horrible with descriptions and never know how much to ask for. I also don't put things up very often. This is probably why I could never make this a real source of income.

I knitted this hat (is supposed to look like a pie) for some friend's baby. Yes the hat is for a girl, yes it is on Davis, no Davis is not a girl. Look, it isn't like I have access to a whole slew of babies with whom I can display my wares.

That aside, I won't be making another one anytime soon. I think I need to hone up on my knitting skills before I attempt it again.

The hat wouldn't be so bad if I didn't knit so tight. The pattern, courtesy of knitty, requires you to knit 3 stitches together which is really hard when you knit too tight. I know, don't tell me, I've heard it before in the extremely helpful words of the old lady expert at the local knitting store, "so . . . don't knit so tight!"

4 comments:

Laurie said...

AWW!!!

That's all I've got to say... just lots of OOHs and AHHs! They look perfect!

Sparklebot said...

they look really good to me. The bunnies are very cute.

Juliette said...

What they said.

Kristin said...

You my dear are a very talented woman and you, my dear make me very jealous. Good for you for finding and using your talents.