21 April 2008

Spring Break

Today is the last day of spring break for the girl and boy. They were off half of Thursday, all of Friday and now today. It hasn't been long but it has been long enough. I am ready for them to return to school. I admit I am now frightened of the quickly approaching summer. I may have to get a job and hire a nanny.

I got things to paint, and new bubble blowers, yet I still heard, "Mom! When can we do something fun?" If that didn't sound annoying to you, read it again with a whiny voice. If you still aren't annoyed, you're a better person than I.

When I heard it again this morning I was excited to tell them the very fun thing we are doing today--chores! Madison actually started to cry. It wasn't just the idea of chores that made her cry, it was the fact that because they didn't do their Saturday chores on Saturday they have to do them today. It's Monday . . . not Saturday . . . I am telling them to do Saturday chores . . . and it's Monday . . . The Horror!

Despite what they tell you, it hasn't all been a bust. Kai got to "paint" his hair. Even with red hair and an attempt at a mean face that boy his a hard time pulling off scary.

4 comments:

Juliette said...

Kai looks even more adorable when he's trying to look mean...I know, I am dreading that aspect of summer, myself. Maybe I'll enroll Averi in those dance classes she's been begging to do.

Sparklebot said...

Am I too old to paint my hair?

Unknown said...

Smash-- You're never too old to paint your hair. Just think of the blue haired population.

Kristin said...

I know that "When are we going to do something fun" question all too well. Very annoying indeed.
I think making your kids do chores today is a very mercifull thing to do to your kids actually. It will make them actually want to go to school if this is the alternative.
I hear you about the summer break. For me the hardest part was trying to feed them lunches they all liked. I could never please them all, all of the time. There was always a groan and a whine from SOMEONE! What I did like was sleeping in everyday...That might must make up for the food issues.