02 April 2008

Gotta Love the ADD

Me: Kai. You need three things. Clean underwear, shoes, and a drink for your lunch. I have everything else. Are you listening?
Kai: Yes.
Me: What do you need?
Kai: Underwear, shoes, and a drink.
Me: Okay, now go get them.

10 minutes later

Me: Did you get your things?
Kai: Yes. I got underwear, a red vest, and socks.
Me: You don't need a red vest and socks. I already have those for you. You still need shoes and a drink. Now go get shoes and a drink.
Kai: Okay but I already told you I got socks.

4 comments:

NG said...

You've just described every morning with my daughter. I'm convinced there's a website somewhere that they all access entitled, "How to annoy your parents."

Unknown said...

ng-- so how old is your daughter? Perhaps we can hook them up so they can drive each other nuts someday. Those kind of thoughts make the future seem just a little bit brighter. I already have a match for my daughter-- it's going to be perfect!

NG said...

She's 4... going on 35. Do you think we could pull it off? Because having that little detail wrapped up now would make life much easier when they're teenagers.

Unknown said...

ng- oh its do-able.