24 April 2008

Last Game

Madison had her last soccer game last night. She ended the season with some fantastic soccer ball to face contact. I think Michael caught it on video tape-- poor girl. Yet, despite her first taste of soccer induced pain, she is not only willing, but excited to sign up for the fall season. I on the other hand am excited about not having to work soccer practice and games into my already crazy busy schedule for a few months. I wish I'd thought of that before signing the boy up for T-ball.

Because it was Madison's last game I wanted to get some good pictures. Unfortunately I wasn't particularly successful. Every time I tried to take a picture Chase would jump in front of the camera and laugh.

The boy was determined to have me document his newly made-up karate moves. "Take a picture of me doing this, mom!" Insert crazy karate type movements here.

However, with a little patience and some serious zooming in I managed to get this shot. Madison is 1/4 to 1/2 the size of the other girls on the team, but that doesn't mean much when she's got her elbow in your stomach. She may be small but she's tough.

2 comments:

Alice said...

That's my girl!

Kristin said...

With soccer,since you have to stay close to the ball and can't touch it with your hands, being small doesn't seem like a major disadvantage. I don't know soccer very well though so maybe I am wrong.