22 April 2008

Cut Me Some Slack

I didn't quite finish organizing and unpacking the craft/laundry room. However, I have posted this picture of my progress because I'd hate for you to think I've just been sitting around knitting. Do you see how I'm almost done? Yes, yes, I know, you're all so proud.

In the process of cleaning out my craft room I came across a pile of things that needed mending, so I decided to mend them. There were a couple of shirts, pants, random stuffed animals, nothing of importance-- so I thought. When Kai saw the pile of mending he jumped off his chair and yelled excitedly, "My pants! My favorite pants! Are you finally going to fix my favorite pants?" "Why yes!" I responded.

I got out the patches, flipped the pants inside out and ironed one on. Viola! He promptly put them on . . . oh . . . uh . . . whoops. Apparently, while he was waiting for his favorite pants to be mended he was growing. He was less than happy, one might even say he was a little "damned off."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there is also a story behind the painted toenails!?-Jeri

CarrieAnne said...

**NEWSFLASH** One of your kids GREW!!! Wow! (Are you sure he's "yours"...if you know what I mean.)


This time it wasn't me who painted the toes. (Honest Mike, it wasn't!)

Unknown said...

I figured I should have mentioned something about the toenails. Along with the purple and red hair I let him paint his toe nails black. Apparently he is experiencing a minor goth phase. I figure we should get it out of his system now before he starts asking if he can pierce things.

Kristin said...

Why does it not surprise me that one of your kids would go through a goth phase? Brig especially. Your laundry room looks GREAT! I can definitely see an improvement. Good Job! Keep it up? Isn't it amazing how we can put off something so simple as ironing on a patch until it is so much later that it is too late. How much time do we waste putting off such simple tasks. I am so guilty.

Anonymous said...

Glue some hair on those feet and he'd make an excellent hobbit

Shell said...

I'm not at all certain that waiting to iron on a patch until the article of clothing no longer fits is a bad thing at all. In fact, it seems to me that it was a problem that took care of itself. I have been told by a man that I greatly respect that many problems, if left alone, will take care of themselves. Brig's non-hairy, black-painted toes sticking out three inches under his 'favorite' pants prove the theory right. (And don't worry about him being damned off. It's been my impression that that's going to happen with him anyway.)