01 April 2008

The Birthday Party

Chase is officially 3. We had a grand celebration over the weekend complete with an excavator cake and all sorts of vehicle themed presents. Chase loves cars, trucks, trains, buses . . . basically anything with wheels that you can ride in. Considering his obsession with automobiles, I'm not sure why I was nervous about him riding the bus on Monday.

Three months ago I made a well check appointment for the baby. This was long before I had any idea Chase might be starting preschool. I discovered on Thursday that the bus was going to pick Chase up at the same time Davis had to be at the doctor. I called to reschedule the well check and they said they could fit me in sometime in June. JUNE! I bet if I went to a crappy doctor he'd be a lot less busy. Perhaps I'll look into that.

I kept the appointment and my dad came over to put Chase on the bus. Chase loved every minute of the ride. When they dropped him off after school the bus driver told me he was smiles and giggles the whole trip. I haven't managed to get a picture of him getting on the bus yet, but I did get this picture of him waiting for the bus to come this morning.

5 comments:

Juliette said...

Cute boy! Cool cake!

Kristin said...

That is an awesome cake! Who made it?

Unknown said...

I made the cake. It is from Family Fun. I love that magazine.

Anonymous said...

dang betty crocker!! nice job on the cake. even with a step by step plan i couldnt pull that off :)

Shell said...

He's so stinkin' adorable!