14 April 2008

It Is Time

My friend from Vegas is coming down at the end of April to visit me. I told her while she is here she will have to pay for her room and board by helping me paint the kitchen.

By "helping" I mean I will be paying for the paint and supplies and then I will be watching her work. If she works really hard and doesn't complain I might buy her lunch at Jason's. However, she'll have to pay for her own Dublin Dr. Pepper-- my generosity only goes so far. I am still very sad that Smash didn't have time to visit me while she was here getting her tooth fixed-- I had some lovely projects for her.

We have been in our new house for almost a year now, and there are still a lot of things that need to be done. Some of the projects will be on the back burner for a while (like new flooring in the two upstairs bedrooms) while others are more urgent. I consider the kitchen walls to be urgent. They weren't in great shape when we moved in, but Chase hasn't made them any better.

There are also some rooms that still need to be unpacked. Michael has been working on unpacking the garage for the past few weeks -- which I'm very excited about because he has unearthed my stained glass stuff. However, with all his efforts he still has yet to find my St. Francis statue. Perhaps the move was just too much for Francis and he ran back to Assisi. If you see him, will you tell him to come home? We miss him.

Anyway, back to the rooms. I haven't unpacked my craft/laundry room yet either. I love this room because it is full of cupboards and counter space. Unfortunately, This is what it looks like right now. I have to warn you that this picture might be disturbing, so please have any young children leave the room before you view it.


It's a frightening disaster. Every time I do laundry I weep. The point is, I made a half-assed new years resolution to organize my craft room and I figure it's time. I plan on posting a fully unpacked and organized craft room picture next Monday, so wish me luck!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck on your laundry room. It is nice you have so much counterspace but counterspace can be deadly can't it? When it comes to hmmm, I have something I don't want to get rid of and I don't want to find a permanent place for where could I stick this. . hmmmm...heres a hand little place. I will have to take care of that. . .next year?

Anonymous said...

i hope your friend from vegas is going to be there when i am there. that way we can both watch her paint :)

Sparklebot said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOO sorry I didn't have time to visit. You know I really wanted to. It really was a super fast trip. I promise you'll see me next time I find myself in Utah.

I'm jealous that you even HAVE a craft room. I mostly just have stacks of craft stuff cluttering all my other rooms. At least your clutter and disorganization is somewhat contained.

Unknown said...

s&s-- It does seem to be the popular room to stash things in.

Jessie- I think my friend from Vegas is arrive at the EXACT same time as you. Funny that . . . .

Smash-- I suppose I'll stop complaining now. And I agree that I am lucky to have an area where I can hide my unorganized clutter. I do love that room.