18 April 2008

The Kitchen

I am excited to tell you what we have decided to do in the kitchen. I don't know how much of it we'll get done when Jessie comes to visit. From reading her comments on my previous post, I'm not sure how committed she is to working. I picked out paint chips anyway.

The largest wall will be blue and the other three walls are going to be this yellowish green color. I am going to try something new with the blue wall. If I can pull it off, it will be really nice. However, I'm not confident about my abilities to pull it off so I'm not going to talk about it until after I've tried it. When I do things that are complete disasters I like to pretend like they never happened. Unlike when my children do things that are complete disasters and I document it with pictures and blogs. That's different.

We are also going to put up black bead board. I've put bead board up before, but never this much. I think Michael is planning on helping me with the bead board this time. While doing his bead board installation research (he is very research oriented) he came across this picture. I think this hand has seen better days. It took us a while to decided if he had cut the tips of a few fingers off. We finally decided he hadn't, but still if his method of installation leaves me with a hand that makes people wonder if I've had a run in with the saw blade, I'm not sure I'm up for it.

5 comments:

Sparklebot said...

SOMETHING happened to those fingers. Something bad.

And, I think this picture shows that, no matter how freakish a man is, he can still find some lady to marry him.

Unknown said...

Smash-- You make a good point. I didn't even notice the wedding ring.

Anonymous said...

i am so down to paint!! i am even going to bring you a paint shirt- if you want. but, you have to promise me, you will let me stop before my fingers look like that guys!!! :)

Juliette said...

I like that you are doing an accent wall, I have an orange accent wall in my living room. Good color choices! However, if your kitchen sucks, forget I said so.

Wendeloo1 said...

Mike helped us with our kitchen project and Clay put up the bead board for the walls above the back splash...Let us know if you want help!