08 April 2008

Jason's

We were first introduced to Jason's Deli by our very hip and cool friends who live in Vegas. Mike likes it because you can get healthy-ish food there. I like it because it has soft serve ice-cream. Every mother knows that a meal out with the kids always goes better when there is soft serve ice-cream.

You can convince a child, who only ordered the chili dog for the chili, to take a few bites of the hot dog if soft serve ice-cream is up for grabs. For the record, I would never bribe my children this way. That would be wrong. I'm just saying you could if you wanted to. Soft serve ice-cream is a very powerful force.

Now there is a whole new reason to love Jason's Deli. In their effort to be more healthy they are in the process of getting rid of foods with high fructose corn syrup. Why do I care about high fructose corn syrup? I don't. I care about Dr. Pepper.

Because Dr. Pepper has high fructose corn syrup they have replaced the regular Dr. Pepper with Dublin Dr. Pepper! That's right, they now have Dublin Dr. Pepper-- on tap! Its only the best Dr. Pepper in the world! Why is it so good? Because it is made with cane sugar. Cane sugar tastes much better than high fructose corn syrup.

So . . . let's see . . . Davis will turn 5 on June 15, 2012. The following September he will be starting kindergarten. At this point I will have all my children in school from approximately 9am to 3pm. I think Jason's opens around 11, I'd probably have to leave about 2:30 to pick up the kids, but I believe that would give me 3 and a 1/2 hours to drink Dr. Pepper and knit. I could do this 5 days a week, for almost 9 months, before I'd have to break for summer vacation. Just one more reason not to have more kids. I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

It sounds like you have your life's purpose found. Your kids will always wonder why mom is in such a great mood when they get home from school. You have me curious about this Dublin Dr. Pepper. Have you had it before and if so..where?

Unknown said...

Mike almost bought me a case a while ago, but decided it wasn't worth the price. Have you heard of Mexican Coke (sometimes called passover coke)? Its the same thing, Coke with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. It is really good too. last year Costco sold Mexican coke for a while, but it was 18 dollars a case or something like that.

Juliette said...

Lol. You kill me! ps If you ever want to meet there for lunch sometime, let me know.

Anonymous said...

You know my love of Jason's Deli, why do you torture me so?--You know who this is

Anonymous said...

i am crossing everything i can to be the "hip and cool" vegas friends-- but then i remembered you know a few people here. :)
i am going to have to check our Jason's out for the special DP.

Unknown said...

Juliette-- I'll be in touch

Anonymous-- Yes I know who you are. Are you even more tortured now that you know about the Dr. Pepper?

Jessie-- Of Course your the hip and cool people from Vegas! I don't think the other people read my blog . . . .

Sparklebot said...

Yo. They have the cane sugar kind in Alabama too. It's a million times better. You are wicked lucky.