16 April 2008

Signs of Spring

I love the smell of lilacs. I was very excited when we moved here because there was a wonderful lilac bush just off the side of the front porch. However, because the lawn hadn't been watered in a while it, and the surrounding bushes, were struggling. I did a lot of pruning last year in hopes of reviving my newly acquired lilac. I am excited to say there are new little green buds appearing. It still needs some love, but I think I'm up for the task.

We have a small cement lip running around the edge of our front porch. There is one thing about this lip that puzzles me-- it has two pvc pipes sticking up from one end of it. What in the world are they for? Can I just cut them off? What if I do, and I wasn't supposed to? I find it all very confusing.

In the mean time, it makes a great support for Davis to pull up on. Isn't he getting chunky! The pediatrician will be so proud!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Those pvc pipes are a mystery. Good luch figuring that one out. I love lilac bushes too. That is something I left behind at our old house. I guess we just have to plant a new one.
I love the picture of Davis. I love all the pictures of Davis, but I especially like the one on Picture of the week. What darling big brown eyes he has. You have a heart breaker there.

Shell said...

'Chunky'?! Do you even own a dictionary?

Unknown said...

S&S-- Davis is a doll, and that picture is one of my favorites. That is why it has been up for so long. I suppose I should take it down soon.

Michelle-- I stand by my usage.

Tyler V said...

Wow, he looks like he could be getting up to the 3rd percentile in weight! Seriously, for one of yours, he's a chunky monkey.