02 April 2008

April Fools!!

Yesterday I made dinner. No that isn't an April fools joke. I really did make dinner. I don't blame you for thinking I'm joking, it has been a while.

Like I said, yesterday I made dinner, but not just any dinner. I made an April fools dinner. We had berry pie (really shepard's pie) for dinner and hamburgers (really cookies and frosting) for dessert. I got the recipes from Family Fun. I would normally link to them, but I'm being lazy, so if you want them you're going to have to go to Family Fun and look it up yourself.

The pie looks kind of nasty, but it tasted really good! And of course the hamburgers were a hit.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

What fun ideas. What was the "lettuce" on the hamburgers made out of?

Unknown said...

its coconut. You just put it in a zip lock with a few drops of green food coloring and shake it. That turns the coconut green.

Laurie said...

I L.O.V.E. that idea! How hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

NG said...

Family Fun is the best magazine/website ever, isn't it? Worth all the other parenting mags put together.

Unknown said...

laurie-- no problem!

ng-- Family Fun is one of the few magazine I subscribe to that I frequently put to good use. AND it's pretty inexpensive to boot!

Sparklebot said...

You're such a cool mom. If I'm ever a mom, I want to be just like you.

Unknown said...

smash-- until you have my goodness you can never have my coolness.

Juliette said...

I love that idea. I bet your kids did, too. Maybe next year I'll do my own version of it.

Sparklebot said...

beth: was that a pseudo Pride and Prejudice quote?

Unknown said...

Smash: IT SO WAS!! And I told mike I thought it was too obscure!