12 March 2008

The Philosopher's Daughter

I just started my first knitting project where I knit in a round using circular needles. Last night, to my surprise, instead of knitting the brim of a hat, I knit a mobius strip. I believe this is evidence that I was raised by a philosopher. My dad will be so proud. Perhaps I will save it, and give it to him for father's day.

Oh! Remember the sweater vest I was making for Chase's birthday? Look how cute it turned out! It was my foray into cable knits. Chase's birthday is in two and a half weeks so I finished it with time to spare!

Well except for one smaaaallll little problem . . . . It doesn't actually fit Chase. I had to give it to Davis. I suppose I should hold off on the mobius strips and hat brims and start working on another vest.

4 comments:

Sparklebot said...

I am totally impressed with your knitting skills. I really only know the basics of crochet and have done some knitting using a hand loom. I wish I lived close by so you could impart your wisdom unto me.

Unknown said...

Jim-- I think it would be pretty hard to make a hat that had a mobius strip as the brim. I am sure there is some wicked knitter out there who could do it though.

CarrieAnne said...

*coughaskLauriecough*

Shell said...

You are showing the rest of us up. Either stop knitting cute things or stop making cute kids. I honestly can't stand that you do both.