19 March 2008

The Perfect Fit

Last night I went shopping with my sister-in-law. I have been reading the latest issue of Lucky and have been itching to buy a new outfit.

Most of my shopping trips are greatly anticipated yet end with disappointment. I have a hard time finding clothes that fit my shockingly short stature.

To my surprise, this shopping trip did not disappoint! I found the perfect outfit! It consisted of a black poplin shirt, red peek-a-boo wedges, and black pashmina, and (this is the best part) I found the perfect pair of jeans. In fact, the jeans were so perfect we decided I should buy two. Luck struck again when we found that there was ONE other pair left in my size. I snatched them up and proceeded to check out.

To celebrate our fantastic shopping adventure we decided to stop at sonic and get gianormous drinks for the trip home. Naturally, after I got home I decided to show Michael how wonderful these pants were. They are the best pants ever and I love them to the point of obsession. I grabbed a pair and ran to change into them. As I put them on I quickly realized something was very wrong. They didn't fit.

I was in a panic! What had happened to my perfect pants? I looked at the tags . . . they were the right pants . . . I tried them again . . . they still didn't fit. I wondered if my decision to get a drink on the the way home was a bad one. Would I have to give up Dr. Pepper for these pants? I didn't even give up Dr. Pepper when I was pregnant! But these pants--well, how often do you find the perfect pair of pants?

In desperation I tried on the other pair of pants. To my relief they fit perfectly. Obviously the second pair of pants I had snatched up at the store was labeled incorrectly.

I returned the other pants this morning and told the clerk about the problem. I showed her both pairs of pants and she saw how one was smaller than the other. Her response was a very polite, "Wow. I bet that was frustrating." Yes, it was frustrating, but I don't think she really understood how frustrating. I almost gave up Dr. Pepper for these pants! I wanted her to be completely disgusted and burn the pants in outrage! Perhaps this is why I should never work at a clothing store.

4 comments:

kacy faulconer said...

I can't believe that! Maybe you should get extra-light chocolate in your Dr. Pepper.

Unknown said...

I may (heaven forbid) have to forgo the chocolate all together!

Sparklebot said...

As you know, I have the opposite clothing issues--I can't find anything long enough for my abnormally tall frame.

I'm glad you found at least one pair of your perfect pants. I have yet to find mine.

Juliette said...

Cute outfit! I'm the same way; it's nearly impossible for me to find jeans that fit my strangely proportioned body. So you won't question my sincerity when I say that I am truely happy for you.