10 March 2008

Mondays

Mondays are the busiest days of the week for me. I have a gamillion things to do on Mondays. Gamillion . . . hmm . . . I know . . . it isn't a real word. The boy uses it a lot though, and as it is very useful I seem to have picked it up.

For example, he used it the other day when he told me that he couldn't clean his room because it would take him a gamillion of minutes. I don't know how much a gamillion is exactly. I assume it is more than a million. That is a lot if your talking about something like minutes, or things you have to do on a Monday. Perhaps not so much if your talking about the colonies of bacteria that are now growing on the boy's socks he has hidden under his bed from the last time he cleaned his room.

Like I said earlier, I have a gamillion things to do today so I will not be able to write a very long post. However, I would like to leave you with this little parenting tip: Always, ALWAYS, check the pockets of your boy's clothes before putting them in the washer. I'd hate for you to be surprised by these little beauties when you go to put your now clean (and beaten) clothes in the dryer.


Oh, quick side note here, have you ever known your child was doing something in the other room that he probably shouldn't be doing? You don't know what he's doing, but you're pretty sure he shouldn't be doing it. However, you have a gamillion things to do, so you hate to go interrupt because you don't want to take the time to deal with the mess you know he is currently making. And maybe, just maybe if you ignore it, it will all go away. Has that ever happened to you? No? Me neither.

10 comments:

Juliette said...

You crack me up!

Kristin said...

I am SO glad to hear you have done that too. So I am not the only one. Phew! Ignorance truly is bliss...even just for a few minutes to delay the inevidable disaster clean up.

NG said...

I believe that a gamillion is exactly one katrillion less than a gajillion.

Sparklebot said...

Gamillion sounds a lot like it might be associated with rapper Chamillionaire. Maybe the boy is a fan.

Anonymous said...

Here's another tip for you....Check your husband's pants before going in the washer/dryer for an IPOD.--Jeri

Unknown said...

Jim F-- I have no idea what you are talking about. From what I hear your youngest child was absolutely positively perfect.

S&S-- I did ignore it. It was a mess, and I still have to finish cleaning it up. Oh well.

ng-- I think you might be right. I wonder if we can get that definition into Merriam Webster.

Smash-- You have a good point too. Perhaps his father has been putting rap music on his mp3 player. I'll have to check that out.

Jeri-- An Ipod? Yikes.

Shell said...

You have only now learned to check pockets? And you only found rocks? Way too easy. We USED to have a white blanket. We NOW have a white and GREEN blanket. Green crayons melt COMPLETELY in the dryer and they are very effective at dyeing blankets. Especially after you have spent an HOUR scrubbing and cleaning to get the crayon off and once more have a white blanket, only to put it back in the washer, and then into the dryer, WITHOUT first cleaning out the dryer. At that point the previously melted crayon, that has hardened once more to the inside of the dryer, melts again and REALLY covers the white blanker in green.

Since I was the one who didn't clean out the dryer (or check the pockets to begin with) there are those (like my ever-lovin' husband) who are of the opinion the white/green blanket is my fault. Just in case he's right, I ALWAYS check the boy's pockets.

Unknown said...

Oh we've done the crayons in the dryer bit. We had a small box of four crayons go through the dryer with a load of Madison's brand new birthday clothes. To make matters worse, is my my mom's brand new dryer. Fortunately her brand new washer was able to get the crayon out of the new clothes. Though I did spend a good while cleaning crayon off my mom's new dryer.

Wendeloo1 said...

Jacob does that rock thing to me all-the-time! He picks up money, coupons at the store, and rocks. I check pockets, but somehow I still find crap in the washer or dryer vent. I LOVE picking dissolved paper of my clean clothes!

Unknown said...

wendeloo- I wish I found money in my kids pockets. I could start a little saving account. Or just set is aside for drinks at sonic. I have put a lot of effort into those kids, they should buy me a drink every now and then.