30 March 2008

The Weekend

This morning I woke up to this.

Well that isn't entirely true. I actually woke up to a crying baby. But that is beside the point-- it's snowing and I'm upset. However, I have four young children so "upset" is not new to me.

Speaking of the young kids, have you ever walked around with the boy? Well, if you had, you would know that everyone knows him. I've mentioned this before, but I really mean it. Everyone knows him.

Yesterday we were getting ready to go to lunch. As we were about to pull out of the driveway I saw the mail carrier go into the cul-de-sac. I told Michael to hang on a second so we could get the mail. I told the boy to hop out of the car and wait for the mail. Then, because it was really cute, I told Michael to take a picture.

Yes. I have control issues. Just focus on the story please.

So, the mail carrier rounds the corner, pulls up to our box, says, "Hey little buddy!" hands the mail to the boy then says, "Here you go," and calls him by name. The mail carrier knows the boy's name. I was in shock. I don't think the mail carrier knows my name, and a good portion of that mail is actually addressed to me.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I was actually ok with the snow Sunday morning becaue it hadn't stuck to the sidewalks and streets...this morning however is another story. Knowing Kai...if he is anything like Lincoln he has told the mailman his name whether he wanted to know it or not. He will go far in life I think. He seems to be too intelligent for his own good is his only problem. Except when it comes to challenges made from one friend to another. hmm...hey we all have our relapses of reason.

Kristin said...

lapses (is that a word?)...I meant to say lapses, not relaps...As I said we all have them. Some (myself) more than others.

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.