05 January 2008

Wicked Stiching

I think it was two years ago that Madison cut her big toe open on a carpet tack. Although it wasn't that horrible of a cut, it was in a bad place and kept reopening so she had to have three stitches. I was working at the time, so Michael had to take her and the two boys to the doctor by himself. I guess it's really hard to numb a toe and though they tried, it didn't work. It took several people to hold her down while they stitched. She was screaming so loud Kai was cowering in the corner with his hands over his ears. There was a little boy in the waiting room who also needed stitches, I imagine he was pretty freaked out by the time she was done. The doctor felt so bad that he carried Madison out to the car, apologizing the whole time. It was a very unpleasant experience for all involved.

Friday night I was working on the computer when I heard her screaming, "MY KNEE" over and over. She came running into the room. She had accidentally knelt down on a toy matchbox helicopter. She had a gash that was about an inch long and I was fairly certain she needed stitches. It was after hours, of course. My children wouldn't dream of injuring themselves during regular copay hours, it's not nearly as fun.

Needless to say, Madison did not want to have stitches again. As the nurse was applying a numbing cream to her cut I mentioned the toe incident and said she was scared shi . . . well, she was really scared (I had to edit myself I don't think nurses like it when you swear). She ended up getting the numbing cream and a couple of shots and didn't even cry once. Here she is $30 and 5 stitches later. Poor girl. Don't worry I told her to milk it.


My adorable, sweet, calm (ish), 7 year old has had stitches twice now and my adorable, but insane 5 year old hasn't had more than a really bad whack to the head. Okay, so he had 2 skull x-rays by the time he was 3, but both times he was totally fine! I am beginning to wonder if he really is a super hero.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is an awesome book. It was my Christmas Eve present from Michael. I love it.