10 January 2008

Lets Hear It For the Girl!

AND THE AWARD GOES TO . . . .

Well, not her. She didn't even really study. Honestly, what do you people expect!

But she did get fourth. The first little girl got out when she spelled corn k - o - r - n. Corn with a K? You gotta feel sorry for her. Madison got out with the word discussion. She added a "t" to the "ion" for the "shun" sound.

I told her I was really impressed that she could get 4th place with one day of practice. She asked why. I said, "um, I don't know. You did so great today! Just think what you can do next year . . . you know . . . if you try."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, we know what side she gets the spelling from :)

Unknown said...

Yes well I just found out that the husband made it to the state championships or something like that when he was in 6th grade. As we all know, I was usually the girl who spelled corn with a k.

Sparklebot said...

I won my class spelling bee in 4th grade, only to lose on the school-wide level on the word "cabinet." I think I spelled it, "cabniet," which doesn't even make sense. If I knew it had an "i," why did I spell it so stupidly?

Marc said...

Oh my Elizabeth... she's your spitting image.

Unknown said...

Smash-- I am sure it was all the pressure. Besides cabinet is a hard word.

Marc-- she may look like me, but she is a whole hell of a lot smarter than I am.

Juliette said...

Look, it's your clone!