12 January 2008

Everybody Likes Babies

Friday night the husband, the baby and I went out to dinner.

We had a very long wait. During our wait . . .

We were approached by a woman, who was obviously not all there upstairs. She jumped in front of Michael and said, "HEY! You have a cute baby!" Michael was otherwise engaged and didn't respond . I said, "thanks" to her for him. "How old is he?" She asks. "Seven Months."

We learned about a girl who was so sick she had to drop out of school. Unfortunately none of the doctors believed her and they accused her of being a hypochondriac. However, she found that when she eats rice and beans, she feels better. I am now curious about the rice and beans diet. Perhaps it warrants some research.

We met a couple who also had four kids, and a girl who is going to BYU and wants to have four kids. Said couple told her it was better to have one and try it out first before settling on a number. She didn't think said couple was funny, but I did.

We were again approached by the "not all there" woman. She beelined for us as soon as she saw the car seat. "HEY! You have a cute baby! How old his he?" Again I told her he was seven months. "Have I already talked to you?" I told her she had. She turned and walked off. As she was walking off, the man (from the couple with four kids) said, "My wife is 39, and she's cute!"

Unfortunately, people don't really care about cute 39 year olds. But everybody likes babies.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You don't want to know.

kacy faulconer said...

Where were you eating?

Unknown said...

It was at Carrabbas. Apparently they get a very diverse crowd.

Dirtius Wifius said...

Brent and I get the same type of thing when we go out with Felix. Yesterday we went to breakfast and were playing with him while waiting. A lady came up and, addressing Felix, said, "You are sooo lucky to have such loving parents!"

I won't care about cute 39-year-olds till I am one. Then I'll expect everyone to comment!

CarrieAnne said...

If my husband ever tells ANYONE I'm 39...The dinner..no matter how much he spends..will not bring anything to "fruition"...if you know what I mean.


(Unless it's my birthday and I'm turning 30 and he's saying it so I can get a free dessert and have people say "My, you don't look 39! What's your secret?" To which I'll reply "I eat four doughnuts a day and always use sunscreen.")