24 January 2008

Cheese Enchiladas and Mexican Rice

In an attempt to get my life together I have decided to set weekly goals. My goal this week was to cook dinner. Not every night, just once. I was banned from the kitchen a while ago after burning myself while using the microwave.

Yesterday I made enchiladas and rice. The recipe is from the Colorado Cache Cookbook. the enchiladas where pretty blah (I'm sure it had nothing to do with my cooking skills). The rice was quite tasty.

Things I learned

1. I need a tour of the kitchen and pantries.
2. I need a real apron.
3. Gather the ingredients BEFORE you begin to cook.
4. Dry your hands before picking up the knife. Dropping knives is bad.
5. I'm not good at remembering the time. Use a timer.
6. Don't assume you remember the next step correctly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks yummy!!! I love the contrasting colors which makes it look so inviting. You have veges, proteins, etc., etc., You could be the next Rachael Ray!

Alice said...

Next Rachel Ray? But prettier and not as annoying ...

Unknown said...

Gee, thanks Alice! I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

CarrieAnne said...

Rachel Ray is rich and doesn't have any kids. You should sell your kids to me and then you'll be rich. And maybe you could afford cooking lessons.

I'll sell them back to you, at cost, after you "make it big".