10 January 2008

Spelling Bee

**Telephone rings**

Hello.

Hi, Mrs. Malmgren, this is Madison’s teacher. As I am sure you know she placed in the class spelling bee today . . . .

The spelling bee?

Yes, she was in the top four so now she will be moving on to the grade spelling bee.

Wait, there was a spelling bee?

Yes . . . today. The grade spelling bee is tomorrow and I think she has a good chance of making it to the finals . . . .

So, there was a spelling bee . . . today? And she placed?

I take it you haven’t been practicing with her.

That would be correct.

Well they have had the words since December.

So if I were to practice with her tonight for the thing tomorrow, then she would have words for that, right?

Yes. She has those.

Okay great!

But I was calling because I wanted to know if you would come tomorrow, you know for moral support. But then she’s a pretty confident little girl she might not need you there like some of the other kids.

Apparently.

2 comments:

NG said...

Hey... at least you're not one of those stage mothers who grills her kid on words with French roots for 5 hours every day. Personally, I think that's worse.

tyler and ali said...

Yeah, we know Beth was never subjected to that (reference her blog on not graduating High School). No offense is intended toward Beth's parents (and if offense is taken, this is Tyler posting).