30 June 2008

I Donate Out of Love

When I got my hair cut yesterday my stylist kept saying things like, "I love the color of your hair, is it natural?" and "I can't believe how soft your hair is!" she even threw in a "You have four kids?! I swear you don't look at day over 20!" However, that last comment may have had something to do with the fact that I had my skull shirt on. Every other stylist that walked by said something to the effect of, "Oh wow! Now that is a great hair cut!"

Did it bother me that they were saying very similar things to the girl across from me? Absolutely not. They had no other choice. I'm sure they didn't want her to feel bad because my hair is so much better than hers.

I asked to have 12 inches taken off. My stylist put it into four braids before cutting it so it could be donated to Locks Of Love. Did she ask me? No. She just said, "Oh look, you have enough to donate!" So when one of the salon owners saw the four cut off braids and exclaimed, "oh are you donating to Locks of Love?!" I said, "No. I plan on taking those home." "Uh, really?" she said, "Like for your scrap book or something?" If you're wondering, I didn't really take them home because, honestly, how could I deny a cancer stricken little girl such fantastic hair?


13 comments:

Marianne said...

Wow I really like your haircut.

Juliette said...

You make me laugh. Why can't I be as funny as you? And I LOVE your new haircut! It flatters you so.

Anonymous said...

WOW! looks great.

NG said...

When I got all my hair cut off and asked to keep it for donation, they were all, "Why?? Um... Ok... whatever."

Clearly, your hair is superior.

Alice said...

Great haircut, and I bet so much easier too.

Kristin said...

Hooray! You finally did it! I LOVE IT! It was nice of them to compliment the girl next to you so she wouldn't feel bad about having not as beautiful a haircut as yours.

kacy faulconer said...

You look good with short hair. It matches your legs. (It really is flattering and cute!)

daviddespain.secret said...

That haircut shapes your face nicely. Go ahead and ask me what shape it is now. (I know you want to.)

I have no idea. Maybe you should measure it and find out.

CarrieAnne said...

Copycat.

Sparklebot said...

My favorite comment here was Kacy's. The cut does look good.

Tyler V said...

Nice. I like to do that cycle of cut if off, grow it out, and just donated 2 years ago.
I think it's funny that your dad made fun of your old cut.
I like the new cut very much.

Anonymous said...

Hey, love it...did you know that I whacked mine just before I left? I can't remember if you saw it or not. We can go as the bobsy twins.

Unknown said...

jim- I know. Aren't you the one who took me to get the hair cut that resulted in me being called a boy for at least a next month?

ng- I think you just need a new salon.

kacy- do you mean chubby and white?

sister C-- You didn't tell me you cut your hair! I'm so excited to see it.