27 June 2008

Charity Only Goes So Far

My grandparents were convinced they were going to win millions of dollars from Publishers Clearinghouse. Once they left a note on their front door so the prize patrol would know where to find them.

When I was 17 my grandma said, "Elisabeth, when I win this money I'll sell you this car real cheap. It's like brand new--I've replaced every part it at least twice."

So I wasn't surprised today when I heard this . . .

Kai: Hey Madison are you going to have a pet when your an adult?

Madison: Probably.

Kai: Well, when I'm an adult I'm going to be a veterinarian, so you can bring your pet to my office and I'll take care of it for free!

Madison: Ahhh, thanks! When I'm and adult I'm going to be a writer. So if you are poor and can't afford to buy my stories, you can come talk to me and I'll sell them to you cheaper.

. . . it is in the genes after all.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

from the mouths of babes. Make sure you take advantages of these discounts as their mother.