20 June 2008

Summertime and the Living is . . .

Summer is in full swing. Madison's math book came on Monday. When she heard the doorbell she started yelling, "My math book is here! My math book is here!" It was not unlike Steve Martin in The Jerk, "The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!" I love that show.

This morning we went over lines, segments, and rays. So far I've done pretty well teaching her math but as we are only on the 24th lesson out of 120 or so, and we are approaching the extent of my geometry knowledge. Needless to say, I am nervous for the future.

I couldn't find the phone book clip from The Jerk, but this one is just as good. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Juliette said...

I love Steve Martin! I don't love math. Good luck with that. (o;

Marianne said...

I love The Jerk. I always quote this part when I'm gathering stuff. It makes me laugh.

NG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NG said...

I'm picking out a thermos for you!