02 June 2008

And So It Goes

I remember flipping through the channels watching a chunk of one of those nanny shows. Of course the kids were horrible, but I wasn't surprised because THERE WERE KIDS EVERYWHERE! How could parents expect their kids to behave when they had so many! Michael asked me how many they had, so I counted them. "Oh . . .uh . . . four." I happened to be pregnant with Davis at the time. "I am in soooo much trouble."

Today I spent most of the morning trying to convince Chase that he does want to be potty trained. I'm horrible about potty training. I know if I were consistent it would be over and done with by now. It's easy to be consistent when you are at home, it's when you leave the house that problems arise. I'm not good at hauling four kids and a diaper bag to the bathroom for 20 minutes to have Chase decide he didn't really need to go after all. Instead I say, "um just try to hold it" knowing a 3-year-old actually can't hold it. So no, I'm not consistent.

This morning Madison asked if her math book had shipped yet. It hasn't, and she's freaking out. "Mom, if it doesn't get here by the end of the week, I'm in big trouble!" Uggg. Why did I ever go along with this crazy plan! But wait, Michael's mom used to teach fourth grade and she'll be out here this next week . . . I wonder how much math a very determined little girl can learn in a week. I expect you to come prepared Becky--there's a trip to sonic in it for you.

On the other hand, the boy has been home from school for almost 2 weeks now and I haven't wanted to kill him once. He even made his bed and put the silverware away today.

That must be why I'm still somewhat sane. I have four kids, but they have the courtesy to not freak out all at the same time.

2 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

I bet the chore doing is all a part of his master plan. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Kristin said...

That is because you are an awesome parent. My kids and I actually laughed through a "Super Nanny" episode. Not that I am great, but "communication couch" just doesn't sound like something that would mesh in our family. It actually kind of freaked out Joe. "We aren't going to do that are we?"