03 July 2008

Two Things I Find Amazing

Two Things I Find Amazing

1. Madison got sick and threw up in the toilet.

If your thinking, "what's so amazing about that?" then you obviously haven't dealt with many sick children. After she threw up, I got her some water and her tooth brush. Notice that I didn't have to scrub the floor and start a load of laundry?

2.
The boy and girl had a lemonade stand and earned $22.50.

I tried a lemonade stand once. I set it up on the busy street behind my house and sold one glass of lemonade to a passing biker. He took pity on me and gave me two quarters even though I was only asking for 20 cents. The quarters reminded him of the time, and he spent a good fifteen minutes drinking his lemonade and talking about a quarter past, a quarter to, and other random phrases used to express time. He was also missing some of his fingers--this scared me and I wanted him to go away.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha LOL- i totally remember that lemonade stand, except, wasn't it orange juice because we couldn't find lemonade? i remember the fingers-or lack there of as well. hahaha.
it seems your kids have been able to take it to the next level :)

Juliette said...

That's a funny story. It reminds me of when I sold some rice crispy treats to missionaries. I tried them after and they were disgusting...Anyway, I guess this just proves that your kids have more charm than you did.

Unknown said...

Jessie-- I THOUGHT I did that with you! I had forgotten about the orange juice part-- even better.

Juliette-- My kids have WAY more charm that I ever did.

Anonymous said...

I like the way you went the extra mile and insisted that Madison clean the toilet with her own toothbrush after she threw up in it.

I'm so going to do that with my kids.

daviddespain.secret said...

I think it's sick that you made the girl scrub the floor with a toothbrush and do the laundry.

You're insane. The problem with your blog is that you say you're on a "chaotic trip to insanity" as if you were actually going to "insanity", but your life is really an "increasingly chaotic and insane trip".

Semantics, I know. That's what I do. Makes me nuts. I guess it's OK. According to Eckhart Tolle and Oprah, we're all nuts. And if you start comparing, well...

CarrieAnne said...

How "Fresh" was it? Are we talking actually made from lemons, some sort of frozen concentrate, or more like Kool-Aid?

Did they reuse one cup or have individual cups for each customer?

Was there ice?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kristin said...

Didn't that guy with the creepy hands go on to making internet videos about how to put up beadboard in your kitchen?????

Unknown said...

Andrea and David-- I believe it is important to instill a good work ethic in kids, but you have to start when they are young.

David-- Though my life is an increasingly chaotic and insane trip, I'm not referring to my life, but referring to my mental health. Basically I'm saying that my kids are driving me to insanity. So it really is a destination.

Jim-- Nope. Neither of our parents bought any. For some reason my kids grandparents are much nicer than my parents were.

S&S-- I wondered that myself . . . . Apparently I have an irrational fear of creepy hands.

CA-- The kid's lemonade was fresh (not frozen concentrate, not Kool-Ade)and came with ice and a lemon wedge. Of course, each customer had there own cup.