04 June 2008

The Cold Shower

Our hot water heater has stopped producing hot water. As a kid I went to Italy with my parents. We stayed in a beautiful villa. One of the days we were there it was 4 million degrees outside and I was marinating in my own sweat. That afternoon I took a cold shower and it was divine. This morning, not so much.

When we moved in last summer the inspector told us the hot water heater was on its way out. He suggested we buy a home warranty because it will cover the cost of the water heater when it goes. Fortunately we took his advice.

They guy won't come to check the water heater until Friday afternoon, so I see a lot of cold showers in our future. Oh and in the future of my in-laws who well be spending a few days with us this weekend. SURPRISE!

3 comments:

Juliette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juliette said...

I hope you don't need to win any points with your in-laws, because this weekend you definitely won't!

Unknown said...

Jim-- I have put a lot of thought into that. I think its a pretty good idea.

Juliette-- what I'm really worried about is convincing the kids they need to take showers before church. Maybe I'll just let them loose in the sprinklers. Still cold, but more fun.