06 November 2007

Google Analytics

I love Google analytics. I’m slightly addicted to it. Each morning I check my stats from the previous day. Right now my most popular post is my Death of a Scarecrow post. I keep getting people from random countries searching for something (I don’t know what) in the Google image search that not only brings up that page, but draws them to it. They don’t tend to stick around long. I think the skull with the worms in the eye sockets it just too much for them.

Yesterday I was visited by someone in London. This person got to my site by using the search words, “hate parents” and landed on my I Hate Parents and Children post. I wonder about this person. Does this person hate his parents? Does this person’s child hate him? Maybe this person is looking for other people who hate their parents to commiserate with. All these things made me curious, so I did a Google search for “hate parents” and found a whole lot of people writing about how they in fact hate their parents.

Now I’m wondering if I should go back to school and get that degree in marriage and family therapy. But then I think, why would I do that when I have this blog?

5 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

That's why my blogs is "invitation only". I don't want those crazy Londoners reading my blog and hating their parents. Buncha boiled food, parent hating k-nigitts! (Was that racist?) :-)

But it's ABOUT TIME you posted something else.

I see from my analytics thinger that you've not been to my site in a while. But someone from Kaysville has.

kacy faulconer said...

That's so weird. I was just googling, "hate parents in law" and I came up with your site.


Just kidding.

Unknown said...

If you wake up on Monday and someone has toilet papered your house, it is probably because you aren't blood.

Maybe you should think about that before moving next time.

Anonymous said...

I'm getting the toilet paper ready, even as I write.

CarrieAnne said...

I just like clicking on this post for some reason. It's not because I know you're tracking me.

I'm not trying to skew your numbers.