09 October 2007

Death of a Scarecrow

Today was a momentous occasion. I finally threw away the scarecrow. It was just time for him to go. It wasn't personal. It wasn't even the fact that he lost his hair during the move. I have no beef with baldness. I do find the hairless cat a little creepy and the hairless rat quite disturbing.

Really what it comes down to is the fact that the scarecrow was just ugly. I'm not sure if I originally bought it because I was being cheap, or if I had a momentary lapse in decorational judgment. Unfortunately, it was probably both. Anyway, it is time to move on. This year I purchased a skull and added worms climbing in and out of its eye sockets. Don't worry Beck, I know . . . one skull at a time.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I appreciate that you take my lessons to heart and also to practice. However, I would like to point out that there is an exception to rule #1) One skull and cross bone at a time. The exception is Halloween (this is the ONLY exception).

You’ve done well grasshopper.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Halloween in my new favorite holiday.

Marc said...

I can never bring myself to throw away crap. I always convince myself that there is someone else in the world who wants it and so I donate it to Goodwill or D.I.... where it likely sits unpurchased for years.