27 November 2007

Sometime I Wonder . . .

I often wonder if the people in the car behind me are mad because I didn't turn soon enough (even though there has been a heavy stream of cars). Then I get all tense because I am afraid they are going to pull up next to me so they can swear and flip me off. So I try to look at them with out looking at them. You know, out of the corner of my eye, real sneaky like. Then they don't do anything and I'm disappointed.

Today the car in front of me had a huge dent in the trunk. It also had a BACA sticker on it. I figure he got that sticker so that people who drive a Harley will think he's cool. I wonder if he got the dent because he backed over someones Harley. I bet the person who's Harley he ran over doesn't think he is cool, sticker or not.

Sometimes when I'm putting the kids in the car I freak out a little because I'm afraid someone will run up, grab my keys and try to drive off with them. So I shove them in the car really fast without returning my cart because I just want to get the hell out of there.

When I think I'm getting a little crazy, I think about a few people I know are afraid to eat alone because if they choke there will be no one there to preform the Heimlich. Then I just laugh because honestly, how weird is that?

7 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

Great. Now I'm afraid to eat alone.

Is it like committing suicide if I eat on my own and take the chance that no on will be there to save me?

Psst, "Beth"..are you friends with Bush? He's the one who's afraid to eat alone isn't he? That popcorn thing really scarred him. Therapy. That's what he needs.

Anonymous said...

I'll try not to take this too personally, since I know the 2 people you are talking about!

Unknown said...

Jeri-- I'm glad you're not going to take it too personally, I mean it isn't like you are one of those people, right . . . (just go with me on this).

Sparklebot said...

As someone who chokes frequently, that is a legitimate fear.

Unknown said...

Perhaps the lesson here is, if you you must eat alone, take very very small bites.

CarrieAnne said...

I think the REAL lesson is not to eat like a Hoover.

Juliette said...

I swear, you should write a book!