01 November 2007

My To Do List

Today I had one goal; I was going to take down the Halloween decorations. It is already 2pm and I haven't come close to starting. It isn't looking like it is going to happen in the near future either.

I took a feminism class while at BYU. There were several gems I learned during this class. One lecture I remember was about women and depression. We were told that women with small children get depressed because they don't think they get much done during the day. The professor said that women have lists of all these things they want to get done during the day, and at the end of the day they can't check much off causing depression.

Her solution was, instead of writing our to do list at the beginning of the day, we should write a list at the end of the day and only write down things you did. This will eliminate the depression because we can check everything off our list.

I think this is a great idea. So this is my check list for today so far:

1. Took kids to school.
2. Thought about taking the Halloween decorations down.
3. Teased my dad for joining facebook.
4. Super poked my dad on facebook.
5. Thought about taking the Halloween decorations down.
6. Had lunch with my mom.
7. Retrieved Chase from the front yard where he was running around wearing nothing but a shirt. Really-- NOTHING but a shirt. His lack of a diaper took the aeration guy by surprise.
8. Thought about taking the Halloween decorations down.

Wow, look at all the wonderful things I have accomplished! I feel so much better!

9 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

Slacker!
And you can't divorce me..I REFUSE to sign the papers!

So..it's 2:40..maybe I should shower?

What did your teacher say about moms with middle aged kids?

Shell said...

Hey, I made my bed (already a better day than yesterday), talked on the phone to three different people, then dropped my daughter off for school IN THE PARKING LOT (I usually walk her to class, because being a good mom is what I'm all about) because I was still in my pajamas and couldn't bring myself to be seen by her teacher two days in a row with my hair still unwashed, then cleaned the piggies' cage and got out of the shower just in time to be dressed when I unlocked the door for the kids coming home from school. What a totally stellar day! You're right! I feel great!

Oh, by the way, while I was bribing Duncan (mostly) and Jonathon with candy to do their homework, Kaes very nonchalantly took her bag into her room and had a feast. Everything she didn't like she either generously shared with me, or she left it half-eaten on the floor with the empty wrappings. The thing is, dinner is ready and I honestly think the child has already filled her calorie quota for the day. Why couldn't she do this on a day when I didn't have dinner planned?

But I'm not depressed, 'cause I got so much done today!

CarrieAnne said...

Wow Michelle. I've never met you but your life is pretty lame. If I were you I'd just sit around all day and envy my sister.

Your sister who has been asked to be on the PTA board next year.

Who had dinner ready for her family.

And who has perfect hair.

and a rather nice tushy.

I wish *I* had a sister like that. *drawn out sigh*

Shell said...

Gee, CarrieAnne, sounds to me like you've got issues with your sister. Poor thing. You see, the purpose of this blog is not to vent your familial frustrations, but to say what a totally awesome person Lis is. She's my friend, you know, and I met her first, and I have first dibs on her for infinity, 'cause I even knew she was going to marry Mike before she did, that's how close we are, so there.

CarrieAnne said...

*Pats this Michelle chick on the head*

There there dear, Lis was your friend first..she likes you best..she always will.


(Lis, do you see how Michelle is threatened by our relationship? Kinda says "Psycho" to me. Good thing you have that alarm system. Call me if you start feeling uneasy about her..I know people....)

Unknown said...

Can you imagine being in bed and at 2am hearing the alarm system chime, "Front Door" in its eerily happy voice. I think I'd wet myself.

kacy faulconer said...

I'm just trying to think of a joke about "aeration"and "not wearing a diaper."

I got nothin'.

Unknown said...

That surprises me. You'd think there would be a lot of them.

Anonymous said...

How about this one

Question-- what are two methods for a lush full lawn?