26 November 2007

Hooray For Me!

Yesterday I sold my first item at my Etsy store. I only put up a few items because I didn't think I would actually sell anything. Now that I sold something, I may put up a few more.

I sold this little beauty for $8 plus $3 shipping. It cost me approximately $1.50 to make and $.20 to list. Then Etsy took $.28 off the sale. It cost me 4$ to mail it (oops) plus $1 in packing supplies. So . . . doing some quick math . . . I'm trying to figure out what to do with my $4.02 of PURE profit.

I think I might go to Sonic tomorrow and get a Dr. Pepper WITH lime (I can afford the extra for the flavoring now because I'm making money baby). I might even wait until after I pick the kids up from school because then the drinks are half price and I can get two! I'm so excited!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I happened upon it by accident! I went one day after I picked the kids up from school and my total was insanely cheap considering I had gotten a drink for my self and one for each of the kidlets.

Dirtius Wifius said...

Would you consider taking bulk orders and giving a discount? I'm serious (congrats on the sale, btw).

Unknown said...

We'll have to talk shop.

CarrieAnne said...

I SAW HER FIRST!!

(Just wanted to get credit for introducing you.)

tyler and ali said...

Mmmmm, Dr. Pepper. I love happy hour at sonic.

Marc said...

You've done a really job bad at marketing your stuff... THIS IS THE FIRST I'VE HEARD OF IT! Have no fear though... you're etsy-market will be added to my blogroll ex post haste.