13 February 2008

You're Wierd

The pick up area at the kids school is divided into zones. My kids are in zone 5. I often find myself in zone 5 waiting for my kids to come out of school. Zone 5 is the home to a boy, whom I call Mr. Show-Tunes, who on multiple occasions has come dancing up to the zone singing upbeat tunes. One time Mr Show-Tunes was singing "Bop to the Top" from High School Musical. His choice of songs are often odd, and he is very animated when he sings them. I felt sorry for him. If he had been in my elementary school he would have been made fun of . . . a lot. I often wonder if Mr. Show-Tunes has any friends.



There is another boy who walks through zone 5 on his way home, I call this boy, Mr. Oddly-Sweet. Mr. Oddly-Sweet likes to pat the heads of the little kids as he passes. Once when Kai was crying (because I said his friend couldn't come over after school) Mr. Oddly-Sweet stopped patted the boy on the head and asked what was wrong. I politely told him I had it under control, thank you.

Yesterday Mr. Show-Tunes was singing as Mr. Oddly-Sweet began to pass zone 5. Mr. Oddly-Sweet looked at Mr. Show-Tunes, pointed to a tree house in the distance and said, "Do you see that tree house? It's my tree house." To which Mr. Show-Tunes replied, "uh ya, you're weird." Apparently Mr. Show-Tunes doesn't realize that he is a bit weird himself.

I am surprised that the two aren't friends. I think they would make a very dynamic duo.

2 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

I could have lived my life without that song in my head.

Thanks.

And I think both kids are gay. Flaming.
They'll probably have a magic show when they grow up.
With sequined pantsuits.
And a great soundtrack.

Juliette said...

I really liked that story. You really have a way with words, and you should seriously considering writing a book or something. At the very least, write an autobiography. Your great great grandchildren won't be able to put the book down.