11 February 2008

Bags, Scarves, and a Pizza

My goals last week didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. I was going to make a very cute bag and finish the scarf I have been working on FOREVER! I didn't accomplish either. In all fairness I made the bag twice, I just couldn't get the handles down. If I make it again, I think I can get it. I am sick of the bag, but need to try again, just to have it done.

Along the same vein, I am on the third remake of this scarf, and that isn't counting the fact that I had to take half of it apart yesterday because I realized I messed up on the pattern a while ago. I am glad to report it is all fixed, the pattern is currently correct, and if Chase keeps his little hands off my row counter I should be able to keep it up. Wish me luck-- I think I'll need it.

I did make dinner last week. I bought a tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella pizza at Costco. I realize this is cheating a little but dinner was made when Michael got home so I'm counting it.

Things I learned:

1. Some patterns stink.
2. I'm not an expert knitter and could use more practice.
3. Costco makes a fine take and bake pizza.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Did your Costco just get better than ours again? We don't have that kind of pizza! Was it the big pizza's that Costco makes or something else? I need to come for another visit.

Unknown said...

For the last few months or so they have been selling this new pizza. It is in the back with their take-and-bake stuff. We only now tried it, and I quite liked it.

Kristin said...

I have to try that pizza, it sounds delicious. Also, this is why I am not crafty. I don't have anywhere near as much patience when it comes to projects as you appear to have. I would never be able to get as far as you have. I am so impressed.

tyler and ali said...

Yeah, I'll bet you've been working on the scarf for a month, and it's still not quite right. I have been working on my scarf since October, and it's still only 11 inches long. The woman crafts, she's handy with an oven...why do you have to make us all look bad (and you're not even TRYING to!).

Unknown said...

Handy with an oven is right! As long as it involves a take-and-bake pizza!