19 February 2008

Orphans

The following conversation happened completely out of the blue while shopping at Target yesterday.

Madison: "Mom, you know what I think we should do? I think we should adopt an orphan. I think that would be really great."

Me: "Are you serious?"

Madison: "Ya. I think that is something we should do."

Me: "Well, um, we kind of already did that."

Madison: "Really?"

Me: "Yes. I know its hard to tell, and you may not remember, but Chase is adopted."

Madison: "Oh ya. Thats right."

So for all of you who may not know, or may have forgotten, our very cute Korean child we tote around is adopted. My husband and I don't have any Asian genes that managed to surface. I didn't have an affair with an Asian and there wasn't a strange baby mix up at the hospital.

Along with that I can safely say he didn't inherit his ability to sleep anywhere from me.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, Really Lis? Thanks for being so candid and honest. I really was wondering but didn't know how to bring up the subject:^) That is hilarious. You don't suppose watcing "Annie" the other night had anything to do with that suggestion from Madison do ya?

Unknown said...

S&S-- I think watching Annie might have had a little something to do with it.

NG said...

That's high praise for the cohesiveness of your family when one sibling doesn't remember the other's adopted. I would totally take that as a compliment to my mad parenting skilz.

Juliette said...

What an adorable picture! Smart to take your camera where ever you go so that you can capture moments like this.

Unknown said...

Juliette-- I made Michael get me a nice little camera that I could fit in the baby bag, just for that purpose. I was tired of trying to get those funny candid shots with my cell phone camera.