27 February 2008

Phases

All kids go through phases. Right now we are going through a poop phase. Not the "constant use of the word poop" phase, it's the much dreaded, "everything is covered in poop phase." I am currently washing an entire load of pooped on clothes. Frankly, I'm not happy about it.

Before I had kids I remember my sister-in-law telling me a story about how her then toddler smeared poop on her fridge. I was shocked. Four kids and a whole lot of poop later, it takes a lot more to shock me.

Another phase Madison and Kai are currently going through is the "why don't you marry it" phase. I have a brother who is still in this phase, and I thank him for introducing this phase to my children. I plan to limit their interactions with him in the future.

Yesterday Micheal made the kids sausage patties with breakfast. Madison loves sausage. Yesterday at breakfast she made the mistake of telling everyone she loves sausage. "Why don't you marry it! Brwaaahhh Haa Haa!"

Later that day Kai was invited to a birthday party. His friend's mom picked him up and drove him home. I know . . . super nice. On the way home Kai busts out with:

"Hey did you know that Madison is going to marry a sausage? Then she's going to KISS the sausage. Then when she's kissing the sausage, the sausage is going to EAT HER! But a woodsman will come and CUT THE SAUSAGE OPEN and let Madison out. Madison really loves sausage."

Perhaps we'll also lay off the fairy tales a little.

5 comments:

Sparklebot said...

Is that a picture of sausage? or poop?

Unknown said...

Its supposed to be a sausage, but I picked it because of it's ambiguity.

Shell said...

I don't think ambiguity is at all funny when it comes to poop. I've experienced a few poop phases in my life also, and it has left me with rather a lack of humor when it comes to poop and ambiguity. I really need to know what I'm dealing with up front, so to speak.

Wendeloo1 said...

Amen, sister! Poop phases AAAAGH! I have total sympathy (or is it empathy) for you?!

BTW, How does the boy come up with this stuff out of thin air!!! I kinda want to know how his mind works and I kinda don't. Ya know?!

Unknown said...

Oh I know. Believe me. I KNOW.