31 October 2007

School Appropriate

The kids can't just wear anything to school on Halloween. Each class has a theme and if they want to dress up, they need to adhere to their theme.

Because I didn't feel like putting a lot of time and effort into two costumes we threw together some class room themed costumes last night.

Madison's class theme was Peter Pan so she went as Tiger Lilly. The brown and the green material is left over from Chase's costume last year. She drew on the front of it with markers. She has a feather in the back of her headband, but it is kind of small so you can't see it.

Kai's class could go as a character from any of the stories they had talked about so far. He decided to go as Johnny Appleseed because then he could wear a pot on his head. He is wearing Chase's overalls. I wanted them to be too short, but when I put them on him they fit just fine, so I had to tighten the straps and roll up the pant legs. Then we made a pot out of duct tape. This is the face he made when I told him to smile.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A pot made out of duct tape? I wouldn't expect anything less from a Malmgren. Duct tape bag, duct tape wallet. A few months ago my dad wanted to use duct tape to fit a tear in Emily's clothes. I drew the line there.--Jeri

CarrieAnne said...

You should have dressed them up in shirts that read "Vote NO for Referendum 1!! I eat parents and kids for my after school snack!"

Or Maddie could have gone as Michael Jackson..cause he had a thing for Peter Pan. She's not white enough to be him..but you could have put makeup on her...teach her the Thriller dance...it could have ROCKED!

I'm disappointed that you didn't let Kaiboy take a real pot to school. *I* expected more from you. Duct Tape is a cop out.

Unknown said...

We almost let him take a real pot. We decided against it at the last minute.

Marc said...

Apparently the schools these days don't trust you, eh?

Unknown said...

CA: I wish I had thought of the Referendum thing. You could totally make and sell that as a t-shirt.

Marc: The schools definitely don't trust me. I'm not sure why, really I'm a pretty nice girl.

Sparklebot said...

The costumes look good. Who is Sharpay Evans? Am I out of touch?

Unknown said...

Much to my dismay, Madison is a High School Musical freak. Sharpay is a snotty rich girl on High School Musical.