19 August 2009

And They're Off!


That's right. It's the first day of School.

Here she is, my little girl, ready to start her first day of fourth grade. Even though she is starting a new grade at a new school she says she isn't nervous-- though I suspect she is.

This year she's going to school with a super smart, some might even say nerdy, group of kids. At back to school night one of the parents asked how much reading the kids were required to do each night. The teacher responded with, "We don't have a reading requirement because we've never needed to persuade this group of kids to read."

Oh and yes, I realize that outfit B won the poll and she is wearing outfit A. Madison asked your opinion and then did something else. Welcome to my world people. Welcome to my world.

But seriously she's adorable.

And now on to the boy!

I told him he can't wear red spikes to school, so in memory of his red spikes he wore a shirt with a guy who has a red Mohawk. You can't see it in the picture very well because he is wearing his pinstriped vest over it.

On the way to school he told me he was nervous. When I asked him what he was nervous about, he said, "Everything." Oddly enough, I suspect he'll be just fine.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

They look very sharp! Way to go Mom! It sounds like they dressed themselves though so..way to go kids. Enjoying the peach and quet?

Alice said...

They look GREAT! I love the vest. I recently convinced Michael Preston to get a similar vest (only in a much larger size). Very dapper.

hOLLIANN said...

Your kids are so cute, and you are such a great mom! Fun to see you today by the way!

Shell said...

The picture with them sitting together is priceless. I love your kids. Of course, I love mine too, but NONE of them put two thoughts into what they would wear the first day of school. Well, Jonathon did tell me he wanted to wear the shirt he'd been wearing the day before school, so I had to do laundry that night. Does that count?

Sparklebot said...

I like the vest! Lookin' GOOD.