03 December 2007

Bad News and Good News

I have never gotten a speeding ticket. In fact my driving record is virtually spotless. Today however, my good driving fortune has ended.

Sadly I swapped some paint with another car while I was parking. When the woman first saw her car, she told me not to worry about it, apparently it was her husbands car. I was a little concerned that her husband might be a little more upset than she was. I gave her my name and phone number just in case. The bumper on my car didn't fare as well as the bumper on her car. Not only does it now brandish new scratches and some new red paint, it has a nice crack.

As I was fretting about the fact that we are going to have to pay to have the other person bumper sanded and repainted and get a whole new bumper on our car, I got an email saying that I have now made my second sale on etsy!

Yup. I sold this handsome devil. So I have great news. I now have another 4 dollars of pure profit. This time I am going to put it towards my insurance deductible (I'm fairly certain the husband is going to be calling)! If I sell a few hundred more ornaments I'll be set. Of course in order to sell a few hundred more, I'm going to have to pull out my stained glass stuff so I can make more. Before I do that I'm going to have to clean out the garage.

I guess no sonic Dr. Pepper with lime for me today. Which is too bad because I could really use one.

No comments: