16 December 2007

I've Been Tagged

I have been tagged by my dear friend Ali. You can all go to her blog and complain because now you have to read a post all about ME!

4 Jobs I have had in my lifetime

My first real job was as a janitor at UVSC. It was the summer before my freshman year of college and I was trying to raise money to pay for my first semester of tuition.

My next job was in the computer lab in the humanities building at BYU. It was fun and where I met Michael. After I graduated from college I became a janitor at UVSC. I was excited that after 4 years at BYU was able to land the same job I landed as a high school drop out.

After being a stay a home mom for a few years I started working at Provo College. A few years after that I remembered that I didn’t like working and went back to being a stay at home mom.

4 Films I have watched over and over again

I watch Pride and Prejudice a lot. I love all versions except the Greta Garbo one. I know at least two people who will hate me for saying it, but that version is just okay.

Office Space is also a favorite, because “damn it feels good to be a gangster.” I even bought Michael his very own red Swingline stapler for his desk at work.

I love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock. So I have watched North by North West, To Catch a Thief, and Notorious a few times. I also quite like Dial M for Murder even though it is lacking Cary Grant, as well as Rear Window, and Vertigo . . . you get the point.

I have unwillingly seen all of the Barbie movies more than once. Okay that isn’t actually true. Some of them I slept through, but I was present for all of them. Oohh the sacrifices we make for our children whose taste in movies is poor and sense of humor underdeveloped.

4 Shows I watch religiously

Assuming I could watch any show religiously with 4 children, one of my first favorites would be Pushing Daisies. I have caught an episode here and there, and I quite like it.

Heroes is another show I find thoroughly addicting. I haven’t been able to really watch it this season and that makes me sad.

My Name is Earl and Vegas are also in my top 4.

4 Places I have lived

I lived in Orem, then Provo, then Belgium, then Provo. I know, if it weren’t for that stint in Belgium I’d be pretty pathetic. As it is I'm pretty freaking awesome.

4 Of my favorite foods

I love potatoes. I love mashed potatoes, I love baked potatoes, and I love potato cakes.

I also like chocolate. I like good quality chocolate and the stuff most people who like good quality chocolate won’t eat. I’m not picky when it comes to chocolate.

I love Dr. Pepper. I drink it with lime, with cherry, or just plain. It's good stuff, and yes I consider it a food.

While in college my diet was centered around creamed corn and orange juice, but only because I was too lazy to make potatoes and too poor to buy chocolate and Dr. Pepper.

4 Favorite colors


I like brown, I like blue, I like orange, and I am trying to get myself to like pink.

4 Places I'd love to be right now


Right now, I’d like to be either in bed, or in a warm bath. Its winter and I’m cold. So if it is warm I’d like to be there.

4 Names I love but my husband would never let me use on my own kids


I liked Jane, Emma, James and Jake. They were all too plain for the husband. He wanted names like Zentrig, and Viggo (isn’t he in a Ghost Busters movie?) and Mats (pronounced motz . . . yes, my husband wanted to name a child after apple sauce).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I could . . . but then Ali might never talk to me again, and I have so few friends I have to do what I can to keep them.

Shell said...

I am obviously one of the friends who will be put out about the 'Greta Garbo' P&P that you don't like, except that it isn't Greta Garbo, it's GREER GARSON!!!!! If you are going to not like somebody, at least know who they are not to like. Or something like that. And who could possibly be another person who would be upset about you not like Greer Garson's P&P? As far as I can tell, I'm the only one out there who's ever seen it, let alone likes it.

Unknown said...

Gretta Garbo . . . Greer Garson. They have the same initials. And there is another friend of mine who likes that version, or at least she did in high school.

Alice said...

Do you find it odd that you were asked to list 4 places you've lived and you list only three places, listing Provo twice? Now why would you leave Austria off the list? I find it odd ...

Unknown said...

I did forget to list Austria. I'm even cooler than I remembered!