19 December 2007

The Boy Who Cried Wolf


Just look at that sweet face. Upon looking at this picture you will say, "ahhhh . . ." that is unless you are a man who is not secure enough in his masculinity. If that is the case, then deep down you will want to, but you have repressed the feeling so long you no longer recognize it. Seriously though . . . let it out . . . you'll feel better if you do.

Yes, yes, he looks very sweet and he thinks he is hilarious. Off and on all afternoon he has been frantically calling for help because he is stuck only to laugh hysterically when I come to his rescue to find that he is indeed not stuck. As a result my response time increased with each call.

This last time I waited a while. When I went in I found he was really stuck this time. REALLY STUCK. Some how he managed to wedge himself between the headboard of my bed and the wall. I contemplated how to get him out (as well as how the devil he got there in the first place). I figured I would have to pull the bed out. Unfortunately the bed is rather heavy and my first attempt was pointless.

I thought about calling one of my newish (as in oh, 9 months or so?) neighbors to help me move the bed. I wondered if it would be considered child abuse to leave him there while I tidied up a bit before inviting a newish neighbor into my bedroom. Fortunately, this caused stress which resulted in my body producing natural endorphins which allowed me to move the bed on my own.

So that sweet lovable little boy is now free. I am sure you are all giddy with excitement.

3 comments:

Shell said...

You are so the man! Now if he ever gets a car (and I'm not talking Matchbox) stuck on him, let's hope it happens in your house so you can have that endorphin rush to get it off him.

He is so cute, by the way.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of on Seinfeld when Elaine was at the movies waiting for her date, she got a call at the movies and was told he was at the hospital, before she left to go to him she stopped and bought juju fruits.

Unknown said...

Yes. A Seinfeld CLASSIC!