28 May 2009

Another Meet

Madison and Davis relaxing in the shade

Madison had another track meet yesterday.  Again, they were required to chose two running events and one field event.  The field event options for her age group were the softball throw and the standing long jump.  She's not really good at either but settled on the standing long jump.  She chose to run the 200m, the 400m which were the two longest runs for her age group.  She ran her guts out and placed third in both the 200m and the 400m.  

It really is awesome to see her run.  She puts everything she has in it.  She is amazing.  I think Michael got some video of her, so I might post it later.

When it was all said and done she went to the awards table to collect her 3rd place ribbons and found that she had placed 4th in the standing long jump.  FOURTH!  I immediately started bragging about it.  Fourth!  In the long jump!   How cool is that?  She's tiny!  TINY!  I continued to brag all this morning when she finally said (in sort of a "you're getting on my nerves" kind of way), "Mom. Only four girls competed in the long jump."  Complete with eye roll. 

Oh.  Right.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

How fun. Congrats for the third place award! How did you get her involved in this stuff? School? I am not excited about getting my kids in sports but the running stuff I could get into maybe. I get the pride thing. Joe got into the student council for next year and I was SOOOO proud of him, but then thought about it and I think everyone who applied got in. but good for them both for trying.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I love that. Kinda wants to make me put my kids into track.

Pmom@ChocolateandGarlic.com said...

I _loved_ your story of the fourth place finish. It reminded me of when I was very excited that Amelia brought home her science fair project with a 1st place ribbon on it. She seemed so blase about it, I couldn't understand that. Finally, we figured out that everyone had the same ribbon. Our school doesn't judge.

CarrieAnne said...

Not short. Not small. "Fun Size"