01 June 2009

Good News Minute

Kai doesn't have cystic fibrosis. Not that we were really concerned that he did, still it's good to know we were right.

And something even more astonishing--Kai is currently doing chores. Real chores. He just cleaned the bathroom (even the toilet) and now he is unloading the dishwasher. I know it's astounding. How did I get him to do this you might ask . . . money. I told the kids I would give them a penny for every chore they complete this summer. Yes, a penny.

In general I don't really think kids should get paid to do their chores, so when they complained I pointed out that it was more than I normally pay and they decided not to push it.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow! Way to go! I pay my kids more than that. .and they complain more.

NG said...

Good news... on both counts.

My mother always told me that the reason you have kids is to do chores around the house and save the picnic table at the park while you're parking the car.

Anonymous said...

Chores for a penny?! Enjoy that one while it lasts!