04 May 2009

How Big Is Your Mama's Truck?

Michael's parents were stupid enough kind enough to volunteer to watch our kids for the weekend. Of course we took advantage of their stupidity kindness and took a belated anniversary trip.

On our trip we visited the Blue Moon Alpaca Ranch (you can read more about that here), stayed at an old farm house that is now a B&B, and had a steak at the Claim Jumper.

Shortly after we ordered our steaks three men were seated at the table next to us. They promptly began discussing the size of their girlfriend's mama's trucks. The size of their girlfriend's . . . mama's . . . trucks. They even had pictures.

When the waitress came to take their orders she asked guy number 1 where she knew him from. Guy number 2 said, "Maybe you fell out of my truck into his." "No," she said, "I did fall out of a guy's truck once, but it wasn't yours or his, it was my boyfriends. I got hurt pretty bad too."

After discovering they used to work at the same place several years ago guy number 1 ordered a 36 oz prime rib. I'm pretty sure Michael would have ordered this also but it wasn't on the menu. Guy number 2 ordered the teriyaki chicken. Maybe this is my naivete but don't you think a guy who orders a 36 oz steak would beat up a guy who ordered teriyaki chicken? Though, maybe if your girlfriend's mama has the biggest truck you can order teriyaki chicken and still be manly.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

You're hilarious! I hope you had fun on your anniversary vacation. How many years? Also, your kids are growing up so fast!

Shell said...

Are you sure this was a Claim Jumper and not Another Planet? I just can't get there from here. What's the whole thing about falling out of trucks? Does that have some significance I am unaware of? If you hang around trucks enough you'll eventually fall out of one, kind of like falling off a horse if you ride them enough? But shouldn't you get better at being around trucks the more time you spend with them? I'm a total novice at trucks, so it seems like I should have fallen out of them plenty, but I never have. And these guys sound like native truck people, so they should be fluent in truck. Maybe the waitress was an adopted truck person so she didn't have it in her genetically. And do their girlfriends know they're talking about their mama's trucks? Isn't that kind of like incest or something? Talk about some messed up genes...

Juliette said...

You're so funny! I had a really good laugh, thanks to your keen sense of observation.

Wendeloo1 said...

Thanks for sharing! I can't believe that ACTUAL conversation ever took place - too weird.

Tyler V said...

thank you...thank you soo much...