02 May 2009

Knitting on the Brain

Right now I'm trying to perfect some of my patterns so I can list them in my etsy shop. My Etsy shop has been empty for a while now. I have big plans for it though.

I am almost done with the pattern for the Davis Cardigan. I just finished knitting it a second time and made a few changes. Now it is a seamless, top down sweater. I want to knit it once more with a different yarn and have someone else do a test knit (let me know if you're interested).

I am also trying to make a pattern for some fingerless gloves. Mostly that is for me though because I'm addicted to fingerless gloves and still haven't recovered from losing my favorite pair. I know, it's all very sad.

So here is a picture of my most recent Davis Cardigan. It looks a lot like the first Davis Cardigan because I used the same colors, but I tried a different yarn this time.


If you are interested in making your own patterns I'd suggest getting these two books

The Harmony Guides: Knit & Purl: 250 Stitches to Knit and
The Harmony Guides: Lace & Eyelets: 250 Stitches to Knit

4 comments:

Juliette said...

Very cute! I can't wait to see what you'll put in your etsy shop.

CarrieAnne said...

I might be interested in trying this out.

kacy faulconer said...

You should put some cat hammocks in your shop. I'm sure they would be quite popular. (Now, who else has a sister in law that would knit them a cat hammock? No one!)

Unknown said...

CA-- I'll give you the pattern if you want to try it. You need a 10 circular and a set of 10 dpns, and some chunky yarn.

Kacy-- Speaking of the cat hammock, I'm really close to being done. I should have it to you by Monday.