10 February 2009

Two Things That Make Me Happy

I've been yelling at my kids a lot lately.  I don't like that I yell, but I find myself doing it anyway.

I don't get much sleep because I still worry about Davis.  He's had a cold this last week and if it gets any worse he'll have to go back in for fluids and glucose.  There is also the general exhaustion from doing too many loads of dishes and having too large a pile of laundry.  Like every other mother I'm tired of everything I do being undone in a 5th the time it took me to do it.  

I'm in a funk.  So in my attempt to defunkify I am going to show you two things I saw this morning that made me happy.

It is snowing huge snowflakes right now.  I've never seen snowflakes like this before.  You could see the individual flakes fall and watch them melt.  


This hand print was left by Davis on the side window in my entryway.  It's been there a while and I don't have the heart to wash it off-- it's just too cute.


I'm feeling better already.  Perhaps I'll go work on that laundry.

2 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Just don't be like me and wash it all, put it in the baskets and hide them in your room. If you do that then when you go to hide in your room, the clean laundry is sitting there mocking you :P

Sparklebot said...

whoa. I've never seen snowflakes like that either!