02 February 2009

100 Rocks? Is That Really Necessary?

One of the boy's homework assignments was to bring 100 of the same thing for the 100th day of school.  He decided he was going to take 100 of the white rocks we have in front of our house.  I hate those rocks and would normally be happy for anyone to take any number of them at any point.  However, I was concerned that he wouldn't be able to carry 100 rocks in his backpack.  He said, "I know that!  That's why I'm going to carry them in this Bag with my Hands."  I told him to count out 100 rocks, put them in the bag, and if he could make two laps around the cul de sac carrying the bag in his hands he could take it to school tomorrow.


He's never been one to pass up a challenge.

4 comments:

janicef said...

I remember years ago while we were doing a study abroad in Vienna, we were making preparations for our six week rotation. We explained to the students that they couldn't take any more than they would be willing to carry on and off trains and busses. They also needed to remember that often we would be walking blocks from train stations to the quality hostels we would be staying in.
You were eight and we made you put your backpack on and walk up and down the stairs and all around the Baden Center for 1/2 hour. If it was too heavy you had to re-pack leaving something out. Actually dad did carry all our shampoos, etc. and towels (remember quality hostels)but you had to carry the bulk of your own gear. You managed and I'll bet Kai gets his 100 rocks to school. (You should post that picture of you with your backpack and gear we took just before we left for rotation).

hOLLIANN said...

That is so funny! I think I would have taken 100 molecules of air...trapped in a jar of course.

NG said...

I wish I could think of such genius ideas to get the kids out of the house!

Unknown said...

Janice-- You're right, I should find that picture.

holliann-- 100 molecules in a jar. Pure genius!

NG-- I'm clever like that.