25 July 2008

The Little Sister Dress

I finally finished the Little Sister Dress and I am very happy with how it turned out.

I wanted it to be a little longer, but miscalculated and didn't buy enough yarn. AND I bought the yarn a while ago, so I wasn't able to get more from the same dye lot. So it is a bit short, but can be worn with leggings or even a little pair of levis. Hmm, maybe I should knit a pair of Emma's Unmentionables to go underneath . . . .

I have to admit that I love the buttons. A while ago I won a box of vintage buttons on ebay. I paid 8 dollars for the box and 5 for shipping. When the box arrived the return address was from Lehi which made me laugh. Anyway, I went through this box and found these two buttons. As soon as I saw them I knew they were supposed to be on this dress. They are perfect. They are a red wine color and they have old worn edges. I love these buttons.

I need to practice the crochet edge. I'm not very good at crochet and it came out uneven, but I still like it.

4 comments:

Juliette said...

Looks great! Emma's Unmentionable's are too cool! You should make them if you are up to it. In fact, will you make me a pair? (o;

kacy faulconer said...

It's so cute. I love it. Thanks!

Alice said...

So very fun! And will be darling paired with leggings.

Anonymous said...

I'd let me little sister wear it. If I had one, that is.