16 July 2008

The Ocean is for Making Sea Glass

While we were at the coast we stayed in a fantastic beach house (the one on the right).

Madison collected shells and particularly liked finding bits of sea glass. At one point she said we should throw a few more glass bottles in the ocean so there would be more sea glass.

I've managed to raise some fine environmentalists. When grandma told Kai the bathroom sink turned off automatically to conserve water, he said, "Why? There's a whole ocean out there!"

Exactly! There is a whole ocean out there, so lets fill it with glass bottles and go beach combing! Who's with me on this one?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Are you anywhere near Otter Rock and Newport, Depot Bay and all those great little places along the coast? I love it up there. My family loves to frequent Mo's. It is a dingy little restaurant, but their clam chowder is so good!

Unknown said...

Jessica-- I've never been but my husband has and he says it is awesome. He did say he would take me to the Mo's next the the punch bowl sometime. Perhaps next year?