07 July 2008

Oregon The Drive

We are currently enjoying a vacation in Oregon. We drive out because with four kids it's too expensive to fly. Besides if we'd flown, I would have missed being urinated on at a rest stop and the kids would have missed seeing the Tree of Life.

We stopped in Sparks for the night. Our favorite place to stay is a Marriott Inn just off the freeway. Last time we were there the same time as a local baseball team. They decided to get drunk and go swimming the same time as us. They invited Michael to have a beer with them in the hot tub--he declined.

Needless to say Madison and I are way behind in math.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I am jealous...I just got home from vacation last month and I already feel like I need a new one.

CarrieAnne said...

"The Tree of Life" huh? I always thought it was rather phallic.

NG said...

In my family, we have a saying: "Reno isn't hell, but you can see Sparks from there."

Have a fun trip. (Why have I never seen the Tree of Utah?!!?)

Anonymous said...

Vacations are for getting behind in things and not feeling guilty about it. Just enjoy.

Juliette said...

Hey, I want to go there someday! I hope have fun!

Unknown said...

S&S-- I always need a vacation after a vacation

ng-- We stayed in Reno last year. I decided its the arm pit of America.

NG said...

Actually, the Armpit of America is a little town about 180 miles east of Reno, called Battle Mountain. It's true... there was a contest.

I've spent some time there. I wouldn't recommend it.